Wednesday, 8 October 2014

Slow motion and blur test footage


This is test footage I did with a JVC camera and a fig rig. I wanted to see what slow motion would look like and I also but a blurred effect on the first 360 degree turn I did around the actor. In my real music video I will not put the blurred effect over all of the shot but just around the edges as I want it to make it look like the actor is destressed and to imply the events have effected his mind badly. The blurred effect over the whole shot didn't work very well as it just looks like I haven't focused the camera. I want to use the slow motion effect in my music video because it shows the emotion alot more; it can show sadness in the way the actor walks or if you slow down the actor running it can show determination or again sadness, (depending on the facial expression). Also this is the first time I have used a fig rig and the camera footage went abit "wobbly" because I couldn't look where I was walking and look at the camera at the same time, therefore next time (when I actually film my music video) I will have somebody with me to tell me where I am walking so that I can concentrate on the camera work.
         

  

This is screen shot showing how I slowed down the shots. (click clip, then clip speed/duration, then all you have to do is put in how much you want to slow it down by.) I put mine at 75% as I didn't want it to slow plus the actor was walking slowly anyway so by slowing it down alot it may look like he is doing some kind of "moon walk".


                                                                                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment